I was admiring San Diego’s recent impressive rainfall when I got struck with a need for a snack. You know how it is – you’re typing away, it’s cozy inside with your slippers on and your cup of somethin’ warm. And you need that snack to go with all of it. And you want it gluten-free, sugar-free, and the like. Here’s what I came up with, hope you enjoy as much as my household did! 😉
1 cup cacao paste
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup gluten-free oats
1/4 cup (or more for personal taste) of maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
sprinkle of himalayan salt
- Melt on low heat cacao paste.
- Turn off heat before all cacao is melted, so it doesn’t burn.
- Add in rest of ingredients and stir, stir, stir.
- Taste. Does it need more of anything? If so – always add more of something you already put in – don’t go adding anything from the kitchen sink.
- Form into little snacks the size you want.
- Place in fridge so they can set. (although, wow are they yummy warm!)
With Love, Jenn